This article will show you how to send enable automatic appointment reminders to be sent to clients via email.
To access your reminders go to Marketing > Appointment Reminders
Click the Email Notification tab to open the Email Reminder template.
To enable the Email Reminder, simply set the Automatic Email Time to the time you would like the email to be sent to clients, and set how many Days in Advance of an appointment it should be sent. Click Save to enable the Reminder Email.
Editing the Email Template
You can use the toolbar at the top of the template to customize the format of the template, by adding Gridlines (1), adding custom images (2), adding a numbered list (3) or bullet point list (4), change the text alignment (5, 6, 7), change the text to bold (8) or italic (9), change the font size (10), or add a custom hyperlink to a page on your/any website (11)
The Macro buttons on the right side of the screen can be used to automatically enter certain information into your email. Descriptions for each macro button can be found below.
- <<Client First Name>> adds the client's first name in the email.
- <<Staff First Name>> adds the name of the staff they are booked in with.
- <<Date>> adds the Date of the appointment.
- <<Time>> adds the Time of the appointment.
- <<Salon Name>> adds the name of the Salon.
- <<Salon Number>> adds the Salon number.
- <<Appointment Link>> adds the link to view the full Appointment. (need to sign up if not signed up)
- <<Branch Logo>> You can use this to add in your branch logo For more info on how to add your logo to the system, click here
- <<Reschedule Booking Link>> adds a link to allow clients to reschedule their appointment
- <<Confirmation Booking Link>> adds a link to allow clients to confirm they are attending their appointment
Macros can also be entered into the email Subject field.
Note: The following macros will not work in the subject - <<Salon Address>>, <<Appointment Link>>, <<Rebooking Link>>, <<Reschedule Booking Link>>, and <<Confirmation Booking Link>>
Appointment Reminders Content Disclaimer
It is important that your Reminder email/SMS does not contain any marketing/promotional content. For more information on transactional vs marketing messages, click here.
To learn about more areas like this in your Phorest system enrol in our Remind, Rebook, Review - Client Messaging course in Phorest Academy - online, on-demand and on-the-go learning for busy salon professionals.