This article will show you how to customize and enable your automatic appointment Confirmation Email and/or SMS message.
Go to Marketing > Templates/Filters > Confirmations
Edit the template if you wish, then check then use the checkboxes at the top of the screen to enable the Confirmation by Email and/or SMS.
You can use the toolbar at the top of the template to customize the format of the template, by adding Gridlines (1), adding custom images (2), adding a numbered list (3) or bullet point list (4), change the text alignment (5, 6, 7), change the text to bold (8) or italic (9), change the font size (10), or add a custom hyperlink to a page on your/any website (11).
There are Macros (buttons on the right side of the screen) that can be entered into the template. This will customize the email for each recipient automatically. A Macro is a special piece of code that gets replaced with information specific to each recipient. For example, the <<Client First Name>> macro will be replaced with each recipient's first name.
List of Macros in this section:
- <<Client First Name>> Puts in the client's first name in the email.
- <<Client Last Name>> Puts in the client's last name in the email.
- <<Staff First Name>> Puts in the name of the member of staff they are booked in with.
- <<Date>> Puts in the Date of the appointment.
- <<Time>> Puts in the Time of the appointment.
- <<Salon Name>> Puts in the name of the Salon.
- <<Salon Address>> Puts in the Salon Address.
- <<Salon Number>> Puts in the Salon number.
- <<Appointment Link>> Puts in the link to view the full Appointment (clients will need to have an Online Booking account to see their Appointment history)
- <<Rebooking Link>> Links the client to your Online Booking page to get them to rebook (you will need to have Online Booking set up in order for this to work)
Macros can also be entered into the email Subject field.
Note: The following macros will not work in the subject - <<Salon Address>>, <<Appointment Link>> and <<Rebooking Link>>
To finish, click Save.
Note: The Confirmation SMS cannot be customized currently. The default Confirmation SMS template will read as below, with 'Kate demo' being replaced by your business name.
When Does it Send?
The Email and/or SMS will be sent to your client roughly 10 minutes after the appointment is booked. The reason there is a 10-minute delay is to allow for quick appointment edits immediately after booking, in case any changes are needed.
Appointment Confirmation Content Disclaimer
It is important that your Confirmation email/SMS does not contain any marketing/promotional content. For more information on transactional vs marketing messages, click here.
To learn about more areas like this in your Phorest system enrol in our Remind, Rebook, Review - Client Messaging course in Phorest Academy - online, on-demand and on-the-go learning for busy salon professionals.