This article will guide you through each step you should take in order to make sure your Phorest online booking system is set up exactly the way you want it.
In this Article
- Video Guide
- Checking your Services
- Checking your Staff Members
- Checking your Resources (Rooms & Machines)
- Checking your Settings (Cancellation period, patch test period etc.)
- Customize your Online Booking Appearance
- Adding the Booking Widget to your Website
- Link to your Facebook & Instagram Pages
- Marketing Your Online Booking
- Online Booking Training
Checking your Services
Go to Manager > Services, and click the name of a service to edit it and check its settings. We recommend you check the following information to make sure everything is set correctly.
In the Details section:
- Development Time: Make sure all your information is correct including any services that require a Development Time (e.g. Hair Color services).
- Price Levels: If you have prices that vary per each of your staff members, click the Set Levels button to check your price levels.
- Patch Test: If a patch test is required for the service, make sure to set this to yes.
In the Online & App section:
- Information: Set a service description in this section, including details about the service, and what is provided.
- Available Online: Set this to Yes if the service should be bookable online or No if not.
- Include "From": Setting this to yes will cause the price to include the word "From" at the beginning in your online booking menu. If you have Price Levels set on a service, this happens automatically.
Checking your Staff Members
Go to Manager > Staff Members and click on the name of each staff member to edit them and check their settings.
- Use the +Add a photo button at the top of the screen to add a profile picture.
- Click Settings on the left, and choose whether a staff member should appear or be hidden from Online Booking under the Show on Online Bookings setting.
- Click App profile to add a short bio for each of your staff members.
Checking your Resources (Rooms & Machines).
Rooms and Machines can be created and used in order to avoid double-bookings, where you only have a limited number of rooms/machines to be used with a service at any one time.
For more information about creating rooms & machines, check out this guide.
Checking your Settings (Cancellation period, patch test period etc.)
You can customize your booking slot availability, cancellation period, short notice period, and much more in your Online settings section.
To access this section, go to Manager > Settings > Online > Booking Rules.
For more information on your online booking settings, check out this guide.
Customize your Online Booking Appearance
You can customize the look of your Online Booking Brand color and floating Book Now website button (widget) by going to Manager > Settings Online > Setup & Appearance.
You can also enable the Announcement Banner option, in order to have a constant message/disclaimer sitting at the top of your online booking page.
Adding the Booking Widget to your Website
Check out this guide to learn how to add Phorest Online Booking to your website.
Link to your Facebook & Instagram Pages
Check out this guide to learn how to add Phorest Online Booking to your Facebook & Instagram pages.
Marketing Your Online Booking
You can use the Phorest marketing suite to heavily promote your online booking launch. Check out this guide to learn how to send an email marketing campaign to your clients.
Online Booking Training
The "Online Booking - Website and Facebook" course on Phorest Academy will provide you with all the knowledge needed to Brand your online booking page, set up your online booking rules, and take bookings through your Facebook page. You can access Phorest Academy through your Phorest system in Manager - Training or here.