This article will show you how to turn on and customize the Waiting Room in Zoom.
To use Phorest's Video Consultations, we advise enabling Zoom's Waiting Room security feature.
This allows you to control when a participant joins the meeting. This will prevent anyone with the same meeting ID who shouldn't be on the call from joining.
To enable Waiting Room for all users in the account:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click on Security
- Verify the Waiting Room feature is enabled.
- Click Edit Options to specify Waiting Room options.
- Tick the Everyone option followed by Continue.
To customize the Waiting Room title, logo, and description at an account, group, or user level, click the pencil icon below the Waiting Room option.
This will open the Waiting Room customization options.
- Title: Click the pencil next to Please wait, the meeting host will let you in soon. To update the meeting title. Click the checkmark (✓) when you are done.
Note: Titles are limited to 64 characters.
- Logo: Click the pencil icon to upload a logo.
Note: Logos can be in GIF, JPG, or PNG format. They cannot exceed 1MB. The minimum height and width are 60px and the maximum is 400px.
- Description: Click Add waiting room description to add a description to the Waiting Room. Click ✓ when you are done.
Note: The description is limited to 400 characters.
Click Close when you are done.
Participants will see your custom Waiting Room branding when they join the meeting.
To learn about more areas like this in your Phorest system enroll in our Video Consultations - Virtual Is The New Reality course in Phorest Academy - online, on-demand, and on-the-go learning for busy salon professionals.