A Transactional message refers to a message directly related to a business transaction you have with a client.
Transactional Messages in Phorest
- Appointment Reminders
- Appointment Confirmations
- Consultation Form messages
- Video Consultation messages
- Rebooking SMS
- Post-appointment Review requests sent via the Marketing > Review section
- No Show notifications
- Email receipts
- TreatCard Referral confirmations
- The client Welcome email under Marketing > Welcome Email.
Updating Client Reminder Consent
A client's consent settings for transactional messages can be seen and updated in their Client Card under Basic Information > Notifications > Reminder Consent.
Note: Clients will still receive the Appointment Confirmation SMS/Email even if opted out of Reminder Consent.
A Marketing message refers to a message sent to a client in an attempt to gain more business from the client, i.e. the message is not related to an existing transaction you have had with the customer and as such, it falls under the need to have opt-in consent before sending such marketing.
Marketing Messages in Phorest
- Email campaigns/messages sent via the Marketing section
- SMS campaigns/messages sent via the Marketing section
- Messages sent via the Client Reconnect feature
- Messages sent via the Online Reputation feature
Updating Client Marketing Consent
A client's consent settings for marketing messages can be seen and updated in their Client Card under Basic Information > Notifications > Marketing Consent.
It is important to understand these differences and not to use a Transactional message feature to send a message that will be interpreted as marketing in order to respect the privacy of the client and also in order to remain compliant with GDPR (if applicable to your geographical location). For more information on GDPR and Phorest, check out our GDPR FAQ.